Competition and European Law
AMBOS handles contentious and non-contentious matters in competition law and European law. Our expertise covers the full spectrum of competition law. We have been involved in merger control cases both at Belgian and European level, antitrust cases and cases related to (abuse of) dominance.
AMBOS is also highly specialised in EU law, with a focus on distribution, licensing, production and labelling matters, and regulatory issues. Our approach is to understand the market in which our clients operate in order to provide practical and relevant advice. We assist our clients in making appropriate and strategic choices.
We advise on all aspects of Belgian and European competition law. This includes, for example:
- Drafting distribution and other vertical agreements, as well as horizontal cooperation agreements.
- Handling issues at the forefront of IP, technology and competition, including biotech, search engines, patents as standards and interoperability of systems.
- Filing and/or handling complaints with competition authorities in cartel proceedings or against abusive market behaviour.
- Notifying concentrations and negotiating commitments with the competition authorities.
- Defending against accusations of abuse of a dominant position.
- Developing competition law compliance programmes and providing in-house training.
- Assisting and filing leniency applications before the Belgian and European competition authorities.
- Assisting clients subject to dawn raids.
AMBOS defends the interests of its clients before the Belgian Competition Authority and the EU Commission, as well as before the Court of Appeal and the European Court of Justice.