Jens Van Hecke (°1973), partner, focuses on general Belgian and Luxembourg corporate matters. He has extensive experience representing private equity clients and their portfolio companies in mergers and acquisitions, restructurings and (debt) financings. He also devotes a significant portion of his time advising clients, both domestic and international, in connection with joint ventures and general contract and commercial law issues as well as general advisory work.
Jens Van Hecke obtained his master degree in law at the Universiteit Gent in 1997 and obtained a specialist (post-master) degree in company law at the Katholieke Universiteit Brussel and a specialist (post-master) degree in economic law at the Université Libre de Bruxelles. He started his career in September 1999 as a junior associate with the law firm Loeff Claeys Verbeke that merged into Allen & Overy in 2001. From 2002 till September 2009 he worked as a senior associate with the law firm Loyens & Loeff in Brussels, New York and Luxembourg.
Jens is a member of the Brussels Bar and the Luxembourg Bar and also an active member of the International Association of Young Lawyers (IAYL / AIJA) and the International Bar Association (IBA).
Jens Van Hecke is since 2015 consistently ranked in the Chamber Global Guide for both Corporate and M&A and Banking & Finance. In The Legal 500 Europe 2013 he is recommended for Corporate and M&A for showing 'great legal acumen'. Feedback from clients learns he is 'very good' and combines 'in-depth legal experience with good business acumen'.
- Specialist (post-master) degree in company law, Katholieke Universiteit Brussel (1997-99)
- Specialist (post-master) degree in economic law, Université Libre de Bruxelles (1997-99)
- Master degree in law, Universiteit Gent (1997)
- Partner, NBGO-lex (Brussels) (2009-2010)
- Senior corporate associate, Loyens & Loeff (Luxembourg) (2008-2009
- Senior corporate associate, Loyens & Loeff (New York) (2006-2008)
- Corporate associate, Loyens & Loeff (Brussels) (2002-2006)
- Corporate associate, Allen & Overy (Brussels) (1999-2002)