Jens Van Hecke (°1973), partner, focuses on general Belgian corporate matters. He has extensive experience representing both private equity as well as industrial clients with acquisitions, mergers, demergers and joint ventures. He also devotes a significant portion of his time advising payment institutions, both domestic and international, in connection with financial regulation and compliance issues. Jens also frequently handles litigation between shareholders and/or directors.
Jens Van Hecke obtained his master degree in law at the Universiteit Gent in 1997 and obtained a specialist (post-master) degree in company law at the Katholieke Universiteit Brussel and a specialist (post-master) degree in economic law at the Université Libre de Bruxelles. He started his career in September 1999 as a junior associate with the law firm Loeff Claeys Verbeke that merged into Allen & Overy in 2001. From 2002 till September 2009 he worked as a senior associate with the law firm Loyens & Loeff in Brussels, New York and Luxembourg.
Jens is a member of the Brussels Bar and also an active member of the International Association of Young Lawyers (IAYL / AIJA) and the International Bar Association (IBA).
Jens Van Hecke has been ranked in the Chamber Global Guide for both Corporate and M&A and Banking & Finance. In The Legal 500 Europe 2013 he is recommended for Corporate and M&A for showing 'great legal acumen'. Feedback from clients learns he is 'very good' and combines 'in-depth legal experience with good business acumen'.
Jens is also a bar-certified collaborative negotiator.
- Specialist (post-master) degree in company law, Katholieke Universiteit Brussel (1997-99)
- Specialist (post-master) degree in economic law, Université Libre de Bruxelles (1997-99)
- Master degree in law, Universiteit Gent (1997)
- Partner, NBGO-lex (Brussels) (2009-2010)
- Senior corporate associate, Loyens & Loeff (Luxembourg) (2008-2009
- Senior corporate associate, Loyens & Loeff (New York) (2006-2008)
- Corporate associate, Loyens & Loeff (Brussels) (2002-2006)
- Corporate associate, Allen & Overy (Brussels) (1999-2002)