Peter Van de Vijver (°1961), partner, specialises in commercial law, transport law and port-related activities. He lectures on maritime law at the Maritime Academy in Antwerp and at Antwerp University and is a visiting lecturer at Ghent University and at Ghent Port Authority. He is a member of the Royal Commission on the Reform of Maritime Law.
Peter Van de Vijver was an associate with De Bandt van Hecke & Lagae, Brussels (1987-1991), an associate and subsequently partner at Loeff Claeys Verbeke, Rotterdam and Antwerp (1992-1999) and a partner with DLA, Antwerp (1999-2003). He obtained his law degree at Ghent University (1984) and a M.A. International Relations in Bologna and Washington D.C.
- School of Advanced International Studies, Bologna, Italy and Washington D.C., C Grove Haines Award, Fulbright Scholar, M.A. International Relations (1986)
- Ghent University, law degree (1984)
- Ghent University, bachelor's degree in political sciences (1983)
- Partner, AMBOS, previously Van de Vijver Van Clemen, Antwerp and Ghent (2004)
- Partner, head transport law department, DLA Caestecker, previously Caestecker & Partners, Antwerp (1999 - 2003)
- Associate, subsequently partner, transport law department, Loeff Claeys Verbeke, Rotterdam and Antwerp (1992 - 1999)
- Associate, commercial litigation department, De Bandt Van Hecke & Lagae, Brussels (1987 - 1991)