Isabelle Buelens (°1969), partner, is active in various fields of European and Belgian law, with a particular focus on competition law, vertical agreements, market practices, advertising and consumer law. She has written extensively in these areas.
Isabelle has followed closely the significant regulatory developments in these areas at European level and their implementation into Belgian law.
Isabelle is an experienced litigator in the European and Belgian courts. She has successfully handled a large number of summary proceedings in the area of advertising and passing-off issues.
She provides counsel and represents international and national clients in inquiries and procedures before the European Commission and the Belgian Competition Authority.
She has been actively involved in many merger filing procedures before these authorities.
- LLM, King’s College, University of London (1992)
- LLB, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (1991)
- Senior Attorney, market practices and consumer law practice group, Eubelius (2014-2015)
- Senior Attorney, European and competition law and market practices and consumer law practice groups, Liedekerke Wolters Waelbroeck Kirkpatrick (1994-2014)
- Part-time assistant, Faculty of Law, KU Leuven: teaching various aspects of competition law